Sacramental Preparation Schedule for Children 2016-2017 Family Gatherings for preparation of Reconciliation
If you are interested in obtaining information for your child to prepare for their First Reconciliation please contact Yvette Leith, Director of Christian Formation at 301-845-8043 (X103) or by email at email@example.com.
1. Sunday, October 9 at the 9:45am Mass children preparing for First Reconciliation will receive a special blessing and be recognized by our parish family.
Then beginning at 12:45 – 3:00pm in the Parish Ctr. Hall, there will be a Sacramental Preparation Orientation for families and children who will be receiving the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation and Eucharist. Families please bring a snack to share. Hot dogs, drinks and paper goods provided by the parish. One parent of child who is preparing should plan to attend with child.
2. Wednesday, October 19th Parent meeting 7pm in the parish center.
3. Saturday, December 17th Family Retreat Day for First Reconciliation, 9:30am-12 noon Parish Ctr. Hall.
- One parent is required to attend the retreat with their child. parents are also asked to bring a snack to share with the group (cookies, cupcakes, brownies, fruit, chips etc). Drinks and paper good will be provided.
Reception of the Sacrament of First Reconciliation – Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 10:00am in the church. ( Snow Date January 14th)
First Reconciliation Info for Middle & High School Youth
- In order to be eligible to begin sacramental prep it is important that you have attended youth ministry for at least one entire year (or 5th grade). If you are wondering whether you are eligible please contact our Director of Youth Ministry, Marissa Alspaugh.
- Once you are eligible please email Marissa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a meeting to receive your books and other important dates. This meeting will be for the teen with their parent and will last about 20 minutes. Catholic Faith Handbook & YouCat
- Complete this Interactive Form which will help you learn about the sacrament of Reconciliation. Once completed set up a meeting with Marissa again to review the material and practice going to Confession. Then you will receive materials for First Eucharist. Click here for Info on receiving First Eucharist as a Teen.