Sacramental Preparation Schedule for Children 2017-2018
If you are interested in obtaining information for your child to prepare for their First Reconciliation please contact Yvette Leith, Director of Christian Formation at 301-845-8043 (X103) or by email at email@example.com.
1. Sunday, September 24th – 1:30 – 3:30 Sacramental Preparation Orientation for Families. Children who will be receiving the sacraments of Baptism, Reconciliation and Eucharist are to attend this informative orientation meeting.
- Families please bring a snack to share. Hot dogs, drinks and paper goods provided by the parish. One parent of child who will be preparing for these sacraments should plan to attend with child. Please meet in the parish center hall.
- Sunday, October 15th – Families attend the 11:00am Mass for a special blessing. Children preparing for First Reconciliation will be recognized by the parish and asked to pray for your children during this preparation time. Following the Mass families will have lunch in the parish center. Families are asked to bring a dish to share; salad, fruit, chips, dessert, baked beans, etc. The parish will provide main dish, drinks and paper goods. Beginning at 1:00pm there will be a meeting about immediate preparation for the sacrament of Reconciliation.
3. Sunday, January 7th Family Retreat Day for First Reconciliation, 1:30-3:30pm Parish Ctr. Hall.
- One parent is required to attend the retreat with their child. Parents are also asked to bring a snack to share with the group (cookies, cupcakes, brownies, fruit, chips etc). Drinks and paper good will be provided.
Reception of the Sacrament of First Reconciliation – Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10:00am in the church. ( Snow Date February 3rd)
First Reconciliation Info for Middle & High School Youth
- In order to be eligible to begin sacramental prep it is important that you have attended youth ministry for at least one entire year (or 5th grade). If you are wondering whether you are eligible please contact our Director of Youth Ministry, Marissa Alspaugh.
- Once you are eligible please email Marissa (firstname.lastname@example.org) to set up a meeting to receive your books and other important dates. This meeting will be for the teen with their parent and will last about 20 minutes. Catholic Faith Handbook & YouCat
- Complete this Interactive Form which will help you learn about the sacrament of Reconciliation. Once completed set up a meeting with Marissa again to review the material and practice going to Confession. Then you will receive materials for First Eucharist. Click here for Info on receiving First Eucharist as a Teen.