FIRST EUCHARIST PREPARATION – Please see the Preparation schedule for detailed information about preparing for First Eucharist.
The sacrament of First Eucharist is generally for children who are in the second grade or older.
- Archdiocesan policy; child must have attended Christian Formation classes at a parish or a Catholic school one year prior to beginning preparation for the sacraments of First Reconciliation and First Eucharist.
The Christian Formation Office provides materials for families to study and prepare together at home. Families are also required to attend two meetings for each sacrament for preparation instructions as well as a retreat for each sacrament.
Some important upcoming meetings for Eucharist preparation
- Sunday, February 11th Parent meeting 1-3pm. We will break open our meeting with a potluck lunch. Please bring a dish to share. The parish will provide drinks and paper goods.
- Sunday, April 22 and April 29th – First Eucharist Retreat Day. 1:30-3:30pm. One parent is to attend with child and bring a snack to share.
- First Communion celebrations- Saturday, May 5, and Saturday, May 12th. Group is divided in half for celebrations.
- Spanish speaking families may celebrate their child’s First Eucharist on Sunday, May 6th at the 4pm Mass if they choose.
Please contact Yvette Leith, Director of Christian Formation at 301-845-8043 X103 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
First Eucharist for Middle School & High School Youth
- After you have completed your preparation for the Sacrament of Reconciliation you may begin preparation to receive the Eucharist.
- It’s pretty much the same set up. Complete this Interactive Form, then have an interview with Marissa. You’ll practice receiving the bread and the wine. Together with your parents we will select a date for your First Communion.
- Participation in Edge or Life Teen is always expected.
If you are an adult seeking information about joining the catholic church, if you were raised catholic but never received the sacraments of First Reconciliation or First Eucharist, or if you are looking for information about First Reconciliation or First Eucharist for an older child or a teen-ager you should look into the RCIA (Rites of Christian Initiation for Adults), or our RCIA(afc) programs.