Life Teen Sunday Night Sessions
Walkersville Churches each take a turn serving at the Glade Valley Community Services Thrift shop located in the basement of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Parish Hall, 19 West Pennsylvania Avenue, Walkersville, MD on Saturdays.
St Timothy’s is serving every Saturday from 10am-2pm during the months of September and November. You would be helping customers, sorting & hanging donations. Sign up for 2 hour shifts. Great service to do as a family. I highly encourage a parent to serve alongside their teen.
Frederick Community Action Agency Soup Kitchen
Want to volunteer at FCAA from 5-7pm on that last Friday of the month? Parents should drop their teens off at FCAA at 5 and pick them up at 7pm. Teens should wear their hair back and closed toe shoes. Great way to earn Confirmation or school service hours.
August 25, September 22, October 27, December 22
Click the image below to help out at the Food Bank
If you are at least a sophomore in high school and have completed the sacraments of initiation you are eligible to apply to become a peer minister.
Our peer ministers meet for one hour before Life Teen in the break out rooms. At these meetings they learn about leadership, prayer, team work, Scripture and how to use their own talents to glorify God.
Most of the peer ministers serve heavily in the Confirmation Process. So there are additional planning meetings, retreats and activities associated with that.
To add this calendar to your own application (Outlook, Mobile Device…) Click HERE.
Life Teen Main Components:
- Life Nights: All high schoolers are invited to gather on Sunday nights from 7-8:30pm in the Parish Center to learn more about their Catholic faith. There is a six week fall session and 6 week spring session. Life Nights are composed of games, prayer, teachings, small group time and interactive activities.
- Winter Small Group Studies: In the month of January all high school youth will sign up to participate in a small group on Sunday evenings in a youth minister’s or parent’s home.
- Service Opportunities are provided year round with a special emphasis in December & May.
- Socials are also offered year round with an emphasis in September, December and May
- Liturgy: Our teens are highly encouraged to attend weekly Mass and to be actively serving at Mass as an usher, altar server, lector, musician/singer, Timmy’s Tots or CLOW aid
For info on Confirmation visit the Confirmation webpage.
LifeTeen has wonderful blog posts on hot topics in today’s society. Here are some to look at:
Follow St Tim’s YM on Instagram
Marissa Alspaugh has been serving as the Director of Youth Ministry since 2005. She carries degrees in Religious Education and Philosophy from St. Vincent College and a Masters Degree in Theology and Christian Ministry with a Specialization in Catechesis from Franciscan University in Steubenville. She is pictured here with her children, Michael, Celia and Timothy.