- Register for Youth Ministry 2017-2018 (Spanish)
- Sunday Night Life Night Calendar
- Sign up to receive Parent Emails via Mailchimp
- Parent Note.Bilingual
Pilgrimages & Retreats
All current 8-12th graders are invited to attend the Youth Conference at Franciscan University in Steubenville, OH July 13-15, 2018.
Cost: $200 (YM fundraising covers cost of bus, t-shirt & chaperones)
Liability Forms will be posted soon.
Click on the image to sign up.
Spots are not guaranteed until a non-refundable deposit of $50 is paid.
St Patrick’s Day Dinner & Bingo Fundraiser
If you are attending Work Camp or the Youth Conference it’s important that you work this event since it supports you.
Great Confirmation Service Hours Opportunity.
Click here to buy dinner and/or Bingo tickets
Frederick Community Action Agency Soup Kitchen
Want to volunteer at FCAA from 5-7pm on that last Friday of the month? Parents should drop their teens off at FCAA at 5 and pick them up at 7pm. Teens should wear their hair back and closed toe shoes. Great way to earn Confirmation or school service hours.
January 26, February 23, March 23, April 27, May 25
Every time the children attend Children’s Liturgy of the Word we need 2 people to go back with the children. You could help out by being an aid. Maybe eventually you will choose to begin teaching yourself. Click on the image to sign up. Be sure to indicate which Mass you usually attend.
Marissa is now collecting $50 deposits to save spots for the Baltimore Work Camp. The total cost is $425 per teen. However, no teen has ever paid more than $100. We raise the majority of our funds through Bingo (March) and the Walkersville Day Yard Sale (May 18-19). To learn more about the work camp click here.
Deposits & Forms due by February 18
If you are at least a sophomore in high school and have completed the sacraments of initiation you are eligible to apply to become a peer minister.
Our peer ministers meet for one hour before Life Teen in the break out rooms. At these meetings they learn about leadership, prayer, team work, Scripture and how to use their own talents to glorify God.
Most of the peer ministers serve heavily in the Confirmation Process. So there are additional planning meetings, retreats and activities associated with that.
To add this calendar to your own application (Outlook, Mobile Device…) Click HERE.
Life Teen Main Components:
- Life Nights: All high schoolers are invited to gather on Sunday nights from 7-8:30pm in the Parish Center to learn more about their Catholic faith. There is a six week fall session and 6 week spring session. Life Nights are composed of games, prayer, teachings, small group time and interactive activities.
- Winter Small Group Studies: In the month of January all high school youth will sign up to participate in a small group on Sunday evenings in a youth minister’s or parent’s home.
- Service Opportunities are provided year round with a special emphasis in December & May.
- Socials are also offered year round with an emphasis in September, December and May
- Liturgy: Our teens are highly encouraged to attend weekly Mass and to be actively serving at Mass as an usher, altar server, lector, musician/singer, Timmy’s Tots or CLOW aid
For info on Confirmation visit the Confirmation webpage.
LifeTeen has wonderful blog posts on hot topics in today’s society. Here are some to look at:
Follow St Tim’s YM on Instagram
Marissa Alspaugh has been serving as the Director of Youth Ministry since 2005. She carries degrees in Religious Education and Philosophy from St. Vincent College and a Masters Degree in Theology and Christian Ministry with a Specialization in Catechesis from Franciscan University in Steubenville. She is pictured here with her children, Michael, Celia and Timothy.