Our Parish community is calling our high school youth into a deeper relationship with Christ and His Church.
Life Teen Main Components:
- Life Nights: All high schoolers are invited to gather on Sunday nights from 7-8:30pm in the Parish Center to learn more about their Catholic faith. There is a six week fall session and 6 week spring session. Life Nights are composed of games, prayer, teachings, small group time and interactive activities.
- Winter Small Group Studies: In the month of January all high school youth will sign up to participate in a small group on Sunday evenings in a youth minister’s or parent’s home.
- Service Opportunities are provided year round with a special emphasis in December & May.
- Socials are also offered year round with an emphasis in September, December and May
- Liturgy: Our teens are highly encouraged to attend weekly Mass and to be actively serving at Mass as an usher, altar server, lector, musician/singer, Timmy’s Tots or CLOW aid
For info on Confirmation visit the Confirmation webpage.
Summer Family Fun
Dinner & Hoedown
Saturday, August 19 from 6:15-8:30pm in the St. Tim’s Parking Lot
Suggested donation of $10 a family plus a side dish or dessert.
Sign up in the gathering space to attend.
There will be burgers & dogs and country dancing lessons!
A Night at the Keys
Friday, September 1 at 7pm
Tickets will be available at all the Masses the last 2 weekends of August.
Adults $7, Military, Seniors, Youth 3-12 are $5
Altar Servers are FREE!
Summer Lunch Program
Help serve lunch to children & families in Discovery Monday-Friday the week of August 7 from 11-1. STAND trained parents are needed to help as well.
Frederick Community Action Agency Soup Kitchen
Want to volunteer at FCAA from 5-7pm on that last Friday of the month? Parents should drop their teens off at FCAA at 5 and pick them up at 7pm. Teens should wear their hair back and closed toe shoes. Great way to earn Confirmation or school service hours.
If you are at least a sophomore in high school and have completed the sacraments of initiation you are eligible to apply to become a peer minister.
Our peer ministers meet for one hour before Life Teen in the break out rooms. At these meetings they learn about leadership, prayer, team work, Scripture and how to use their own talents to glorify God.
Most of the peer ministers serve heavily in the Confirmation Process. So there are additional planning meetings, retreats and activities associated with that.
Peer Ministry Training Retreat will be on Sunday, August 27, 2017 at Mar Lu Ridge: Sign up
To add this calendar to your own application (Outlook, Mobile Device…) Click HERE.
LifeTeen has wonderful blog posts on hot topics in today’s society. Here are some to look at:
Follow St Tim’s YM on Instagram
Marissa Alspaugh has been serving as the Director of Youth Ministry since 2005. She carries degrees in Religious Education and Philosophy from St. Vincent College and a Masters Degree in Theology and Christian Ministry with a Specialization in Catechesis from Franciscan University in Steubenville. She is pictured here with her children, Michael, Celia and Timothy.