Edge Main Components:
- Edge Sessions: All middle schoolers are invited to gather on Sunday afternoons from 4:30-6pm in the Parish Center to learn more about their Catholic faith. There is a six week fall session, 4 week winter session, and 6 week spring session. Edge sessions are composed of games, prayer, teachings, small group time and interactive activities.
- Summer Small Group Studies: Each summer middle schoolers are invited to deepen their faith and relationships through a small group DVD based series held in a YMs home.
- Service Opportunities are provided year round with a special emphasis in December, February & May
- Socials are also offered year round with an emphasis in September, December and May
- Liturgy: Our teens are highly encouraged to attend weekly Mass and to be actively serving at Mass as an usher, altar server, lector, musician/singer, Timmy’s Tots or CLOW aid
- Bible: Every middle school teen should have their own Catholic Bible that they can write and pray in. Recommended versions: St Mary’s Press, Life Teen
Summer Fun for the Whole Family
Dinner & Hoedown
Saturday, August 19 from 6:15-8:30pm in the St. Tim’s Parking Lot
Suggested donation of $10 a family plus a side dish or dessert.
Sign up in the gathering space to attend.
There will be burgers & dogs and country dancing lessons!
A Night at the Keys
Friday, September 1 at 7pm
Tickets will be available at all the Masses the last 2 weekends of August.
Adults $7, Military, Seniors, Youth 3-12 are $5
Altar Servers are FREE!
Guppy Gulch Inflatable Water Park
Imagine a huge rock quarry filled with crystal blue water AND . . .
- Massive inflatables
- Canoes, kayaks & paddle boats
- Zip lines
- Check it out online
That’s the Guppy Gulch experience. Come be a part of it on Friday, August 11. Cost is $40. Meet the bus at 9am. Pack enough food for the day, plus sunscreen.
Frederick Community Action Agency Soup Kitchen
Want to volunteer at FCAA from 5-7pm on that last Friday of the month? Parents should drop their teens off at FCAA at 5 and pick them up at 7pm. Teens should wear their hair back and closed toe shoes. Great way to earn Confirmation or school service hours.
Small Group Every Wednesday in August 7-8:30pm
Mrs. Una is opening up her home for a 5 week small group study in a fun- relaxed environment. Great for teens who like to learn in small groups or if you find that Sunday afternoon Edge meetings are hard to make during the school year – then come to small groups in August to boost your attendance! Did I mention she has a zip line and trampoline?
All upcoming Events be found on the calendar below:
Marissa has been serving as the Director of Youth Ministry at St Timothy’s since 2005. She carries a degree in Religious Education and Philosophy from St. Vincent College and a Masters in Theology with a Specialization in Catechetics from Franciscan University of Steubenville. She is pictured here with her children, Michael, Celia and Timothy.