Sunday Afternoon Edge
Frederick Community Action Agency Soup Kitchen
Want to volunteer at FCAA from 5-7pm on that 4th Friday of the month? Parents should drop their teens off at FCAA at 5 and pick them up at 7pm. Teens should wear their hair back and closed toe shoes.
Walkersville Thrift Shop
Walkersville Churches each take a turn serving at the Glade Valley Community Services Thrift shop located in the basement of St. Paul’s Lutheran Church Parish Hall, 19 West Pennsylvania Avenue, Walkersville, MD on Saturdays.
St Timothy’s is serving every Saturday from 10am-2pm during the months of September and November. You would be helping customers, sorting & hanging donations. Sign up for 2 hour shifts. Great service to do as a family. I highly encourage a parent to serve alongside their teen.
Click on the pics below to learn more & to sign up for these Service Opportunities
All upcoming Events be found on the calendar below:
Edge Main Components:
- Edge Sessions: All middle schoolers are invited to gather on Sunday afternoons from 4:30-6pm in the Parish Center to learn more about their Catholic faith. There is a six week fall session, 4 week winter session, and 6 week spring session. Edge sessions are composed of games, prayer, teachings, small group time and interactive activities.
- Summer Small Group Studies: Each summer middle schoolers are invited to deepen their faith and relationships through a small group DVD based series held in a YMs home.
- Service Opportunities are provided year round with a special emphasis in December, February & May
- Socials are also offered year round with an emphasis in September, December and May
- Liturgy: Our teens are highly encouraged to attend weekly Mass and to be actively serving at Mass as an usher, altar server, lector, musician/singer, Timmy’s Tots or CLOW aid
- Bible: Every middle school teen should have their own Catholic Bible that they can write and pray in. Recommended versions: St Mary’s Press, Life Teen
Marissa has been serving as the Director of Youth Ministry at St Timothy’s since 2005. She carries a degree in Religious Education and Philosophy from St. Vincent College and a Masters in Theology with a Specialization in Catechetics from Franciscan University of Steubenville. She is pictured here with her children, Michael, Celia and Timothy.