Edge Main Components:
- Edge Sessions: All middle schoolers are invited to gather on Sunday afternoons from 4:30-6pm in the Parish Center to learn more about their Catholic faith. There is a six week fall session, 4 week winter session, and 6 week spring session. Edge sessions are composed of games, prayer, teachings, small group time and interactive activities.
- Summer Small Group Studies: Each summer middle schoolers are invited to deepen their faith and relationships through a small group DVD based series held in a YMs home.
- Service Opportunities are provided year round with a special emphasis in December, February & May
- Socials are also offered year round with an emphasis in September, December and May
- Liturgy: Our teens are highly encouraged to attend weekly Mass and to be actively serving at Mass as an usher, altar server, lector, musician/singer, Timmy’s Tots or CLOW aid
- Bible: Every middle school teen should have their own Catholic Bible that they can write and pray in. Recommended versions: St Mary’s Press, Life Teen
Summer Fun for the Whole Family
Parish Picnic Sunday, June 4
Meet us at Walkersville Community Park following the 11:30am Mass for lots of yummy food. Teens are always needed to help run games & face paint for the younger children.
Fellowship & Fireworks Friday, July 7
St. Timothy’s Parking Lot boasts one of the best views of the Walkersville Carnival Fireworks. Come out at 8pm for free games, sno cones, popcorn, and smores. Then pull up a blanket for some firework action at 10pm.
Sign up if you’d like to help
Pilgrimage to the Grotto July 30
Join us for a day of prayer, learning and community at the beautiful Grotto of Our Lady of Lourdes in Emmitsburg. The day will include confession, Mass, teaching about Our Lady of Lourdes, a picnic meal, and plenty of time to wander and pray. Families are encouraged to provide their own transportation. Teens who would like to attend but their parents cannot should first contact a friend for a ride and then Marissa if help is needed.
Walkersville Yard Sale
Yard Sale Date: May 20th
We need volunteers to start setting up on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday night. Friday there will be a pre-sale from 6-8, and Saturday we are selling from 9-1.
This is a great opportunity for a confirmation service hours!
Sign Up Here.
Menchies Frozen Yogurt
Sunday, June 11
Guppy Gulch Inflatable Water Park
Imagine a huge rock quarry filled with crystal blue water AND . . .
- Massive inflatables
- Canoes, kayaks & paddle boats
- Zip lines
That’s the Guppy Gulch experience. Come be a part of it on Friday, August 11. Cost is $40.
Planting Hope in Discovery
Saturday, May 13 from 10am-4pm
Come make a difference in our very own community by assisting people with their yards, picking up trash, beautifying play grounds, handing out groceries and so much more!
Teens will be placed in work groups of 5 teens with 2 adults. See Flyer Here.
A day at SERRV Fair Trade Warehouse
Thursday, June 15 from 7:45am-3:45pm
Come learn about the importance of Fair Trade while you work to help artisans from developing countries earn a living.
Frederick Community Action Agency Soup Kitchen
Want to volunteer at FCAA from 5-7pm on that last Friday of the month? Parents should drop their teens off at FCAA at 5 and pick them up at 7pm. Teens should wear their hair back and closed toe shoes. Great way to earn Confirmation or school service hours.
March 31, April 21, May 26, June 30, July 28, and August 25
Serving our Kids
All teens who are currently in 6th grade and up are invited to help with
Vacation Bible School July 24-28 from 9am- Noon
Summer Formation June 26-30 9am-3pm
If you are 14 or older you must receive Worthy of the Call training to work with children. The next training is Thursday, May 18 from 7-8:30pm. Sign up
Contact Yvette: email@example.com
Small Group Every Wednesday in August 7-8:30pm
Mrs. Una is opening up her home for a 5 week small group study in a fun- relaxed environment. Great for teens who like to learn in small groups or if you find that Sunday afternoon Edge meetings are hard to make during the school year – then come to small groups in August to boost your attendance! Did I mention she has a zip line and trampoline?
Are you in 8th grade?
That means you can start going on trips & summer camps with Life Teen this summer. Go to the Life Teen page for more information.
All upcoming Events be found on the calendar below:
Marissa has been serving as the Director of Youth Ministry at St Timothy’s since 2005. She carries a degree in Religious Education and Philosophy from St. Vincent College and a Masters in Theology with a Specialization in Catechetics from Franciscan University of Steubenville. She is pictured here with her children, Michael, Celia and Timothy.