- CHRISTIAN FORMATION REGISTRATION INFORMATION
- Cfprograms17-18 w spanish updates – CF2017-18volform doc1
- C.F. Programs offered grades K-5 (MCF AND HOME SCHOOL)
- Monday nights 5:30 -6:45pm- September – May – PFLAUM GOSPEL WEEKLIES is the curriculum used.
- Home School – Parents may educate their children at home in their faith. K – 8th grade. PFLAUM GOSPEL WEEKLIES is the curriculum used.
- Discovering Christ – Mondays at 5:30 – 6:45pm October 2nd thru November 20. Information session Monday, September 25th 5:30pm in the church.
- Summer Christian Formation – Being held during the last week in June in 2017, Monday thru Friday from 9:00am – 3:00pm Children must attend the full week of class to receive credit for a year of Christian Formation. Grades 1 – 5. Blest Are We is the name of the curriculum used.
- Vacation Bible School – 2017 VBS “Mighty Fortress” is being held during the last week of July 24 – 28, from 9:00am to Noon, Monday thru Friday.
Monday Night Christian Formation Class (MCF) is for children in grades K-5. Classes are held at St. Timothy’s Church and Parish Center on Monday evenings from 5:30 – 6:45 pm during the school year, September – May. Parent volunteers are always needed. We have a need this year for Catechists and aides. Hall Monitors. If interested please contact Yvette at email below.
MONDAY NIGHT SCHEDULE MCF-Sched2017-18Eng
- Classes begin on Monday, September 25th at 5:30pm. All families are to meet in the church.
- Classes begin promptly at 5:30pm. Please be prompt so that classes can begin on time.
- Classes end at 6:45pm We require that you pick up your child from his or her classroom. No child may leave the building unless accompanied by an authorized adult. If someone else is responsible for bringing your child home please send a note in with your child to be given to their teacher.
- Parent Orientation: We will have a welcome and orientation for parents and children on the first day of class, Monday, September 25th. At least one parent or guardian should attend.
- Your child’s safety and well-being: Children should be accompanies by a parent or adult at all times.
- INCLEMENT WEATHER: We do not follow the FCPS calendar for scheduled classes. If children do not attend school because of inclement weather there will not be any Christian Formation classes. If children are dismissed early from school because of inclement weather we will not hold classes. If children go in late, (2hr.delay) we will hold classes unless the evening forecast is not good. Please make sure that the Christian Formation office has a good email for contact as this is how we will post class cancelations.
Summer Christian Formation Program (SUM) is for children going into grades 1-5 in the next school year. This is an intensive but fun program that will take place during the last week of June from 9:00am – 3:00pm, Monday through Friday. Families are then expected to attend at least two “Family Events” during the school year.
1 child $75
2 children $140
3 children $190
(counts children in both Christian Formation & youth ministry)
Home School (HS) for children in grades K-8: This home-based program is for parents who choose to educate their children at home in their faith formation. Parent guides are provided along with a student book and a syllabus for the year.
Fee $35 per child
Information for First Reconciliation and First Eucharist can be found here.
Sacrament Fees: are $35.00 per sacrament.
The Eucharist is the source and summit of our faith, therefore all of our faith formation builds upon the family’s participation in weekend liturgy. To assist your children in participating in Mass we offer Timmy’s Tots and Childrens Liturgy of the Word (C.L.O.W.). We also encourage our children (3rd grade and older) to serve as altar servers and ushers.
Yvette Leith has been the Director of Faith Formation at St Timothy for the last 12 years. She has served in various ministry positions for the last 20 years. She currently holds advanced certificates in Catechesis and Youth Ministry and has earned college credits in the field of religious education. She looks forward to meeting you and supporting you in your faith journey and in the faith journeys of your children. She can be contacted at email@example.com